Ailment: Nasal Congestion / Runny Nose
- Netti Pot with Himalayan salt - cleanses, refreshes, and protects the nasal passages
- Steam Inhalation - boil a pot of water, add a few drops either lavender, eucalyptus or Breathe Ease oils, cover your head with a blanket while you breathe the steam over the pot. When you inhale steam, it helps loosen up the mucus so that you may be able to easily blow your nose clear and get rid of the congestion (side note: close your eyes, as the oils are potent!)
- Sinol - relieves sinus congestion naturally with the help of Capsaicin
- Ponaris - nasal emollient that relieves nasal congestion due to colds, inflamed & dry nasal passages
- Oil Diffuser - is a great way to fill the room with essential oils like Breathe Ease or lavender so help you breathe & sleep easier during the sickness.
- Nasal Strips - great night time remedy to gently open nasal passageways. These strips consist of flexible, "spring-like" bands that apply to the top of your nose like a bandaid, which lift the sides of nose to provide nasal congestion relief
Food & Herbs:
- Ginger - the chemicals shagaols and gingerols in ginger give it that spicy kick that stimulates blood circulation and opens your sinuses. Peel & cut 2" ginger in a cup, add boiling water, let it sit and drink. Option to add raw organic honey.
- Mustard seed oil - the oil lubricates and moistens any dry object or dirt etc. in your nose and sinuses. All these dirt comes out along with mucous when you blow your nose.
- Cayenne pepper - contains the chemical capsicum, a rich source of vitamin C that aids your immune system and promotes sweating, opens the sinuses, and encourages expectoration.
- Drink more water - Increasing the intake of water can help thin the mucus in the nasal passages, pushing the fluids out of your nose and decreasing the pressure in your sinuses. Make sure you are drinking FILTERED water, because many tests show sources of city water contact sizable traces of antibiotics, hormones from birth control pills and chemicals from agricultural waste. It's in everyone's best interest to install a high end water filtration system. You should drink half of your body weight in oz, so if you weight 150 lbs, you should be drinking 75 oz of water. I always have a full stainless steel water bottle near me (and refill it often), so I never walk around dehydrated.
- Garlic - stimulates the activity of immune system cells that destroy cold and flu viruses. take a clove as a lozenge, bite it down slowly, releasing the allicin compounds slowly killing the virus and bacteria & feeling your sinuses draining.
- Horseradish - is antibacterial which prevents sinus infections from taking hold while you’re sick. Grate ½ – 1 tsp, put into mouth and hold, chew & swallow. Can also mix in with a tbsp of raw organic honey.
- Peppermint Tea - Peppermint contains menthol, which helps to thin mucous and open up nasal passages. Peppermint tea combines the effect of menthol, steam and warm liquid, all of which can help speed clearance of nasal gunk
- Bone Broth - decrease mucous production by affecting immune function and inflammation. You can either make your own by simmering chicken, beef or lamb bones for a few hours or use the powdered version.
- Onion-Horseradish-Cinnamon Tea:
- Onion (chopped)- ¼ cup;
- Horseradish (grated)- 1/8 cup;
- 1 cinnamon stick;
- Water – 1 cup
Add onion, horseradish & cinnamon stick to water. Boil onions & horseradish in water it for 5 minutes. Strain and drink this tea.
- Horseradish Sinus Plumber
- 8 – 12 inch long piece of horseradish root, grated
- 2Tbsp water
- 1 Tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- Pinch salt
Process all the ingredients in the blender and eat 1/2 - 1 tsp three/day. You can also spread this paste onto bread or a piece of cracker if it's too strong.
- Horseradish Super Concoction
- 1 large horseradish root (6 inches) - grated
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon honey (preferably raw, organic).
Mix grated horseradish with lemon juice and honey and put into a jar. Seal the jar with an airtight lid and leave for 24 hours. Take 1 tablespoon of this powerful mixture 3 to 4 times per day. Don’t dilute with water. If it burns your throat and sinuses, this is a good indication that it’s working.
- Anu Thailam Nasal Drop - good remedy for inflammation of the nasal passages, sinusitus & headache associated with the nasal pressure
- Sesame oil - 3-5 drops of warm sesame oil in each nostril to soothe the sinuses.
EFT (EMOTIONAL FREEDOM TECHNIQUE)
- EFT is a powerful tool you can apply on yourself NOW. Watch the Into To EFT points first
- Breathe Ease - is a blend of Eucalyptus, Peppermint & Pine to help you unclog congested sinuses & breathe deeply
- Eucalyptus - This oil contains anti-bacterial and anti-microbial properties. The vapors of eucalyptus oil are considered to be an excellent decongestant due to its anti-inflammatory properties that controls mucus secretion. Diffuse the oils in this ultrasonic diffuser
- Peppermint - contains menthol, which helps to thin mucous and open up nasal passages.