Hydrogen peroxide is an earth friendly, non-toxic multi-purpose solution that has many great uses around the house, as well as hygienic uses. It's basically made up on water and oxygen and it's anti-bacterial, anti-fungal, anti-mold and anti-mildew.
Here are a few tested (by me!) uses of this miracle solution:
- All purpose cleaner - clean and disinfect your entire house with 50/50 - HP/water solution.
- Use instead of bleach - this gets out blood and other stubborn stains on whites.
- Use on your hair - to lighten up your highlights
- Mouth gargle - gets rid of any canker sores and whites your teeth, maintains gum tissue health & kills any mouth bacteria. Make sure to dilute properly with 1 part water + 1 part mouthwash + 1 part hydrogen peroxide. This is my daily holistic routine
- Glass and window cleaner - cleans without streaks and no toxic Windex smell!
- Sanitize ANYTHING - cutting boards, sponges, brushes, baby toys, toothbrushes etc.
- Nose rinse - spray 50/50 solution into your nose and blow in a tissue. It will break down all the mucus. Works wonders during a cold/flu or just a stuffy nose during allergy season
- Clean any cut or scrape to kills germs and prevent an infection
- Germinate your seeds in it - I have not personally tried this, but once I get my own garden, I surely will :)
- Kills toenail and finger fungus - soak your feet or hands in a 50/50 solution to kill harmful fungus.
- Use on houseplants - spray your houseplants to make them grow healthier
- Wash your fruits and veggies in it to remove pesticides
- Wash your ears with it to remove a waxy build up
- Skunk odor removal - have not tried this myself and hope not to ever have to, but when mixed with baking soda and soap, it can remove the stinky odor
- Relieve tooth pain - gargle with it until you are able to go see a dentist to numb the gums & teeth