This is one of the easiest and healthiest salads to put together as an addition to any meal. Spinach is high in Vitamins C & E, as well as anti-inflammatory benefits. Spinach is an excellent source of other antioxidant nutrients beta-carotene, and manganese — as well as a very good source of the antioxidant zinc and a good source of the antioxidant selenium.
Tuna is an excellent source of high quality protein, are rich in a variety of important nutrients including the minerals selenium, magnesium, and potassium; the B vitamins niacin, B1 and B6; and perhaps most important, the beneficial omega-3 essential fatty acids.
- 6 cups of baby spinach
- 5 oz of pouched tuna
- 2 tbs of olive oil
- 2 tsp of lemon juice
- 1 clove of garlic (or more if you are a garlic lover like myself)
- sea salt & pepper to taste. I go easy on the salt, because of most of the time the canned tuna is already salted enough
- 1 tomato diced (I used the kumato, the purple kind)
- Combine the olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, and salt and pepper to taste in a small sauce pan and heat until warm.
- Drizzle over spinach leaves and top with tuna and tomatoes and serve
This warming salad is making me hungry just writing about it. Go make some!