You couldn't get any healthier than these 3 ingredients, especially if you saute it in coconut oil. This healthy recipe is sure to have you craving for more! TIP: Lemon juice helps increase absorption of iron in greens, like kale, so if you can splash a little bit of fresh squeezed lemon juice on ALL your greens from now on, AWESOME!
- 2 large handfuls kale
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- a little olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic (or more if you are a huge garlic fan, like myself!)
- a little lemon zest juice of half a lemon
- Wash the greens and set them aside. Bring a pan of water to a boil, salt it lightly, and cook the greens for no longer than a minute or two. They must retain their crispness and vigor. Drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, warm the coconut oil in a shallow pan, peel and crush the garlic, and add it to the pan with coconut oil. Add a little grated lemon zest (a couple of teaspoons should suffice), then, squeeze in the lemon juice.
- Lower in the greens and toss them gently in the hot, lemony garlic oil. Serve immediately and enjoy!