I absolutely LOVE salmon. I crave it! And if I could eat it every day, I totally would. It is so versatile too; you can have it for breakfast as lox on toast, for lunch on a salad or for dinner as a main dish. You can make it once and eat throughout the day or week. It's just simply amazing and the best thing it is SOOO simply to make.
And did we talk about salmon's benefits?
It is an excellent source of high-quality protein, vitamins and minerals (including potassium, selenium and vitamin B12) but it is their content of omega-3 fatty acids that receives the most attention. And in case you forgot what omega-3's are, they are these are essential oils (EPA and DHA) that contribute to healthy brain function ,the heart and the joints.
Now, there is always a lot of debate regarding whether to buy farmed or wild. To tell you the truth my opinion has been swayed towards wild for a while, because of all the bad rep farmed fish has gotten. But then I dug deeper into this and found out that buying farmed fish may not be so bad, because responsible farmers set high standards for their farmed salmon; and I think it tastes milder, but it is recommended to vary your options between wild and farmed.
So here is the recipe for this amazing salmon:
- 2 lbs salmon
- 1/4 cup honey
- 3 cloves garlic, minced (or more! I love garlic for its taste and health benefits)
- 1 tablespoon grapeseed oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill leaves (or you can use dried dill weed)
- Himalayan salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with foil.
- In a small bowl, whisk together honey, garlic, olive oil, dill, salt and pepper
- Place salmon onto prepared baking sheet and fold up all 4 sides of the foil. Spoon the honey mixture over the salmon. Fold the sides of the foil over the salmon, covering completely and sealing the packet closed.
- Place into oven and bake until cooked through, about 15-20 minutes.
Garnish with some more fresh dill and prepare for an orgasm in your mouth!